Thread: Condor Tips

Condor Tips

California Scenery
    --------------------

As a reminder California Scenery for Condor is downloadable here. https://www.condor-club.eu/sceneries/0/?o=0&p=2 (registration and login required). Over time this page will change as more sceneries are added, you'll find it in nearby pages if it is not showing up there. It's large at 12GB or so compressed. I've been meaning to leave a copy of that on the Computer in the pilot lounge for people to copy, will get to that on the next visit to Williams.

Waypoints
    --------------
    The Condor California Scenery is huge, it covers the West Coast of the USA including the Mendocinos, Sacramento Valley, etc. One annoyance is it includes a lot of waypoints irrelevant for us, like hanglider/paraglider waypoints in the nearby Mendocinos.

To change waypoints installed you just need to download the Williams waypoints in SeeYou .cup format and replace the default California waypoints with that file.

e.g. in
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Condor\Landscapes\California\

Move California.cup to California.cup.bak and copy WSC16.cup (or whatever you download from the Soaring Turnpoint Exchange) to California.cup.

---

Coming soon... mountain tows in Condor suck, so how to do an airborne start in the Mendocinos...
    Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 12-17-2017 at 08:17 PM.
    Darryl Ramm - ASH-26E - 6DX

Re: Condor Tips

I have put the entire large set of Condor California Scenery files on the VSA Pilot Lounge PC so Condor users can download them to their own USB sticks etc. from there. Condor is not installed on that computer, and you can't use these files there, it's just for folks to copy them for their own use. They are in the folder C:\Condor_California and I've also put a link to that folder on the PILOT-GUEST desktop. There are fourteen files, over 12 GB in total, that you can copy over to your own USB drive etc. to have to avoid days of messing around downloading those files. These are exactly what you get when downloading from www.condor-club.eu and need to be decompressed using the 7-Zip available at http://www.7-zip.org.

The files are so large because this scenery covers the entire West Coast of the United States of America and Canada, from Los Angeles to Vancouver.
    Darryl Ramm - ASH-26E - 6DX

Re: Condor Tips

Darryl

I just set up condor (V1) to see what it is like. I found the flight control response dynamics quite unrealistic--more like a model airplane control box than an actual aircraft. (Am using thrustmaster control setup.) Is this normal? Anything i could do in settings to improve control characteristics?

thanks,
    Key