Thread: Williams Race Tasks

Williams Race Tasks

Does anybody have a clean set of WSC Race Tasks in CUP format for SeeYou?

There is a task list at https://www.valleysoaring.net/race/2018-races, but the names of many turnpoints have changed slightly in the current Williams turnpoints on the Soaring turnpoint Exchange. And some don't seem to be there at all, e.g. for Task 16 what is Or7NE supposed to be in the current turnpoint database?

Darryl
    Darryl Ramm - ASH-26E - 6DX

Re: Williams Race Tasks

There is a task list at https://www.valleysoaring.net/race/2018-races, but the names of many turnpoints have changed slightly in the current Williams turnpoints on the Soaring turnpoint Exchange. And some don't seem to be there at all, e.g. for Task 16 what is Or7NE supposed to be in the current turnpoint database?
    That Task List was created before 2010.
    Yes, it could use some updating.
    It would be helpful if someone were to revise the list, using the current database, and then post the cup file here on the Forum.
    Peter Kelly

Who is the scorer? I created an updated task list, with the exception of Or7NE.. anybody got the coordinates for that waypoint and I’ll just pick the nearest current one.... or somebody tell me the nearest suitable one.

This really could lead to a frustrating mess and pilots need to make sure they have correct matching waypoints and tasks...
    Darryl Ramm - ASH-26E - 6DX

Quote Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
    Who is the scorer? I created an updated task list, with the exception of Or7NE.. anybody got the coordinates for that waypoint and I’ll just pick the nearest current one.... or somebody tell me the nearest suitable one.

This really could lead to a frustrating mess and pilots need to make sure they have correct matching waypoints and tasks...
    Darryl,

Thanks for cleaning that up. It will be very helpful to have tasks that use the current database.

In my warped methodology of naming TP's back then (using only 5 characters), the first few letters indicated the location, so it may be Orland and the 7 would be the number of miles to the TP , so in this case the TP was 7 miles to the NE of Orland airport, if I am recalling correctly. I think I found an emergency landing area there once, so I had it in my old nav computer.
    Peter Kelly

Thank you Darryl and Peter for catching this and working on updating the CUP files and getting us set for the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Noelle Mayes View Post
    Thank you Darryl and Peter for catching this and working on updating the CUP files and getting us set for the season.
    Darryl is the one who caught it and has revised the Task list. Thank you again, Darryl.

I revised the VSA 2018 Race Page and that page now displays the revised Task list.
    see:
    https://www.valleysoaring.net/race/2018-races/
    Peter Kelly