Thread: JR Camp March 22-25 (WSC Closed for normal opps)

JR Camp March 22-25 (WSC Closed for normal opps)

WSC Pilots

Spring is finally here and Williams Soaring Center is hosting the US West Coast Jr. XC-Soaring and Racing Camp this year. This event will be held Friday March 22nd - Monday the25th. Due to a larger than expected interest and number of entries in the camp, Williams Soaring Center will be limiting services to the participants of this closed event.

This forces the cancellation of VSA Race Day 2.

We apologize for this inconvenience, tows and instruction will not be available 3/22 - 3/25.

We at WSC and VSA thankyou for your understanding.

Ben Mayes

Re: JR Camp March 22-25 (WSC Closed for normal opps)

I've had an email and phone call about the above post so I am writing this follow up. Hopefully I can clear things up.

We did not expect to have the number of pilots that have signed up to attend the Jr's Camp (over 30 participants) YEAH!!!

With these numbers we do not feel comfortable adding in a 2nd event and all of our other normal daily operations.

Williams Soaring Center will NOT be offering tows, rentals, instruction nor rides March 22 through March 25.

Williams Soaring Center will be offering tows for the Jr Camp participants. (the event is full)

We appreciate everyone's understanding and look forward to a successful event and the remainder of the 2019 soaring season.

Re: JR Camp March 22-25 (WSC Closed for normal opps)

Hopefully you have a glorious soaring day today!
    Mario CA