Thread: Thursday

Thursday

Anyone is paying attention to Thursday forecast? Looks like around the horn day to me.

Ramy

Re: Thursday

Unfortunately i have a medical appointment on thursday. However, friday looks slightly better than saturday or sunday, so i may fly PS on friday.

TG and C6 planning to fly Thursday.
    It is looking great.
    Who else?

Ramy
    Last edited by RamyYanetz; 04-26-2019 at 04:03 PM.

Please expand on why Friday is looking better than Sat or Sun. I may fly Friday.

Dan

Both should be good days, however the rasp is showing higher lift north of T15 on friday.

I am flying Friday (tomorrow).
    Will likely be bluer than today but strong convergence and a ton of surface heating.
    Keep a close eye on high cloud.

Thomas

Great. Thanks. I will be there Friday.

Mallory and myself made it to Shasta and back. The leg north was challenging and we rarely got above 10K. The lift was hard to find and center early on with mostly fast cycling wispies. As typical the best lift was often under the small but higher wispies to the west of the bigger clouds. We got pretty low at Shasta, I got down to close to 6K and took a while to get back up while trying to ridge soar Shasta snow covered slopes. The return leg was easy with cloud surfing above the bases most of the way. I knew Mallory is a great Acro pilot but was surprised to find out he is also a great cross country pilot. I’ll admit I considered cutting the flight a little shorter but MAL kept pushing from behind we considered around the horn via lassen but it looked like looking for too much trouble giving that the bases did not seem to be higher than Lassen.
    My flight is on OLC https://www.onlinecontest.org/olc-3....l?dsId=7109673

Ramy
    Last edited by RamyYanetz; 04-26-2019 at 09:47 AM.

As far as I can tell, Saturday looks pretty good too. It might not be a great day to make a long trip north and back, but it looks like there will be clouds around crazy creak and clear lake. I will probably fly Saturday.

\ I knew Mallory is a great Acro pilot but was surprised to find out he is also a great cross country pilot. Iíll admit I considered cutting the flight a little shorter but MAL kept pushing from behind

I am not surprised as to Mallory's cross country skill, He, Dale Bush and I had many great flights out of Siskiyou, many years ago. Good job!

Gary Kemp