Thread: Eleven Year Ride

Eleven Year Ride

So, today is my 11 year anniversary. November 22nd, 2008 was my date of hire.... and today, eleven years later, November 22nd, 2019 is my date of retirement. This has been the most fun, most interesting, and most rewarding eleven year ride of my life.

While here, I've met some of the most wonderful people and have formed some lasting friendships along the way. I can't thank you all enough for making my time at Williams Soaring Center the awesome experience that it has been!

I've watched line boys grow from teenagers to amazing adults who have become tow pilots, instructors, entrepreneurs and businessmen.... not to mention, new dads raising children of their own!!

I've seen a lot of growth in the gliderport as well. I've watched what once was mostly just a boneyard for parts and pieces become a full kitchen, a comfortable clubhouse, and two new instructor's offices.

Follow Rex and Noelle around for a week or two... there's no secret to their successes here. It's called hard work, dedication, and sweat equity. They're truly an amazing couple and the best bosses ever!! I have felt very fortunate and honored to have worked with them for the last eleven years!

I'm sure going to miss all of this....
    Cora J Knowles
    Secretary
    Valley Soaring Association

Re: Eleven Year Ride

Cora,

Your calm demeanor, positive energy and smile was more than welcoming, it was something I looked forward to each time I arrived at WSC. Thank you for scheduling, changing, unscheduling and re-scheduling so many visits. I am sure many will say they will miss your coffee cake but most all we'll miss you. Best of luck in your next chapter of life.

Be well,
    David

Oh, my Cora.........
    you will sure be missed.........always a smile and some goodies for the hungry troops!
    thanks for tagging and saving all the equipment I keep leaving down there, just last Sunday, I left my back brace there!
    all the best,
    JJ & Pat Sinclair

I hope to get to see you around at times. I'll have to find someone else to joke with. (LOL)

Tony

Quote Originally Posted by cjknowles View Post
    So, today is my 11 year anniversary. November 22nd, 2008 was my date of hire.... and today, eleven years later, November 22nd, 2019 is my date of retirement. ..
    I'm sure going to miss all of this....
    And we are all going to miss you Cora. Sure hope that retirement will allow you the freedom to come visit your friends at the gliderport from time to time.
    One of the reasons that Rex and Noelle have been successful is that they have chosen the people for their team wisely. Your eleven year ride is a great example of that.

Hope you enjoy the next ride as much as everyone has enjoyed having you on the ride you are just now completing.

Jim D. & Plucky Crew

Oh no! 8^(

Well, the day had to come sometime, so sad for us, and happy for you on your next chapter. Stop by now & then 8^)
    Kemp
    ASH-25 (FNX)

I was so surprised to hear of your retiring. In the short time I've been at Williams I enjoyed getting to know you. Thank you for all you've done for me.

Oh no, Cora, you can't go, you are a central part of the Williams experience! Oh well, time moves on, no matter what we do. You have certainly earned a happy retirement, but please keep in touch, for we will miss you.

Key and Barbara

Thank you Cora for having been a part of my life. In recent years I always made it a point to step into the office before my flights, just to say hello to you. Your warm greetings and friendly smiles were consistent, which made my visits to WSC all the more enjoyable... not to mention the reliable info you always provided. Your help at the social events and your contributions as Secretary to the Valley Soaring Association were greatly appreciated, and will be sorely missed. Best wishes in your future endeavors.
    Peter Kelly