Thread: WSC to OPEN on May 9th-Modified Operations

WSC to OPEN on May 9th-Modified Operations

Williams Soaring Center - Modified Operations during Covid-19

• Instruction, Rentals and Tows for Private owners resume May 9th (By Appointment only).

• Instructors & students will communicate directly regarding best practices during scheduled lessons depending on the lesson plan for the day.

• CDC recommendations with 6 feet social distancing practices should be observed and guidelines followed in accordance with government agencies.

• Face coverings should be worn anywhere indoors at WSC; offices, bathrooms, kitchen, hangars, etc.

• The office building is being cleaned weekly. Doorknobs and community surfaces are wiped down more often. Hand sanitizer is available in multiple areas around the gliderport. Anti-bacterial wipes are available in the hanger for cleaning cockpits of our rental fleet between customers.

• If you have antibacterial spray or wipes, please use them periodically while at the gliderport. We will have supplies placed around the facility for this purpose.

• We are waiving cancelation fees for customers not feeling well with less than 24-hour notice. Please do not come here if you are not feeling 100% or have had exposure to people with the virus.

• Use of Bunk and Studio guest facilities will be restricted.

**Private owners please remember to call in advance to let us know you plan to fly.**

These minor changes are meant to aid in keeping us healthy while enjoying soaring.

v-2020-05-04-08:00
    Last edited by Noelle Mayes; 05-04-2020 at 08:23 AM.

Re: WSC to OPEN on May 9th-Modified Operations

Quote Originally Posted by Noelle Mayes View Post
    Williams Soaring Center - Modified Operations during Covid-19

• Instruction, Rentals and Tows for Private owners resume May 9th.
    • Instructors & students will communicate directly regarding best practices during scheduled lessons depending on the lesson plan for the day.
    • Etc, etc, etc.

These minor changes are meant to aid in keeping us healthy while enjoying soaring. v-2020-05-02-12:30pm
    Thank you Noelle and company for accommodating us. We have all been eager to get back into the air.

Those "rules" sure seem reasonable to me. nothing different then I've been doing for the past few weeks. We all need to be considerate of others, that's for sure. I suspect we'll be living with these "rules" for many months to come in every public place, we might as well get used to the new world we now live in.

Soaring fcst for May 9 is for sunshine.. but I can't be sure of much other than that. Fact is, that May 9 to May 31 are certainly the best soaring days of the year at WSC, so how bad can it be on May 9th?

My problem is that I've only flown one flight in the last 90 days so i need to fly w/o a 180 pound ballast in the back seat, so no ASG32 flying for me. But, I'll be more than happy to take a few flights in the ASK-23. Hopefully, the 23 schedule is still open.
    Peter Kelly