Thread: Friday June 26

Friday June 26

Super fun day. Very hot in the valley with a huge inversion. I towed all the way to Snow Mountain (thanks Nick!). Got to 11 or 12 K, went up to the next cloud by eagle peak and then climbed to 11 or 12 not too far from Yolla and decided to cross over to the other side (non-metaphysical). When I made it northeast of Chico there was a thermal in the inversion and I was able to reach the clouds on the crest, went up to Lassen and then northeast under some clouds past eagle lake into the blue. I turned around 6 or 7 miles short of ravendale and then followed the same route back to lake almanor, climbed to nearly 14K and then had good air for the 85 mile glide back to Williams with a couple of thousand feet to spare.

Re: Friday June 26

Congratulations Luke. I watched you on the tracker in disbelief. That's a tremendous flight, opening a new route I have never even considered. Well done!
    John Cochrane

Re: Friday June 26

Thank you John, but I must confess I got that one from PK. I prefer to have it as a last option because it takes so darn long to cross it.