Thread: Condor tasks

Condor tasks

Here are two condor tasks local to Williams Soaring center. If you are interested you can download these tasks and put them into your documents\condor\FlightPlans folder. Once there you can open condor normally, enter free flight and in the task screen hit load at the bottom. In the next box select user flight plans at the top. There you will see WSC task 1 and WSC valley day 1. These are the two tasks I've just created. Look through the details of the task i.e weather distance and most importantly the start gate time. Once the start gate timer counts down from one minute you have up to 5 minutes to leave the start gate and head out on task. Once you finish the task and have exited out of the flight there is a place where you can save the flight track.. .ftr file. If you upload the .ftr file here on this forum post others can download your flight and try to fly against you. As always the more people that do this the better the experience will be. If you have any questions please ask in this forum post or call me if you have my number -Pablo
    Attached Files Attached Files

Re: Condor tasks

LMc 2021Jan06PSPTask1.ftr
    Thanks Pablo for the two ftr's. Flew Task1 last night [attached]. Took about an hour+10min. Looks like a drunkard's walk - only my 2nd C2 task. Will re-try. Felt I learned a lot, both about the mechanics of tasks and the tactics & trade-offs of flying competitively. Leon
    -- I do not see an icon showing the file I attached [LMc2021Jan06].

Thanks for sharing the tasks Pablo! I've attached my attempts at the two tasks:

- WSC_task_1_Muuo.ftr
    - WSC_valley_day_1_Muuo.ftr

Thanks for the tasks Pablo. I flew with both Leon and Muuo on Task 1. See attached. ( ) I did not alter any parameters.
    Each of them do a good job thermalling. Hard to keep up with them. The were each in a ASW-19 and I was in my usual Duo with a guy in the back seat (who was not much help, I might add). But it was fun flying with them. Maybe a shorter Task would be more to my liking.

Here's a screen shot by my wingman ( he's in trail) when I was low ( and just above Vs) over the north end of Walker - that's Muuo in 422 above me.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Low below Muuo - N end of Walker.PNG 
Views:	90 
Size:	1,014.6 KB 
ID:	6073

This morning I tried changing the winds for that Task #1, but it didn't help me any. I ended up landing out at Indian Ranch - after a narrow escape from being low five miles east of Goat South.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	land indian ranch 1-30-21.PNG 
Views:	99 
Size:	117.1 KB 
ID:	6072
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Peter Kelly