Thread: VSA Race Series for 2012

VSA Race Series for 2012

In a few hours it will be the first of March, and March is when the race series begins.

In early February we finalized the rules and the schedule for the Race Series.
    It has been mentioned already, but I'll repeat that web page location again.

You may review the rules and the schedule on the VSA Race Page by visiting the VSA Home Page and follow the menus....
    http://www.valleysoaring.net/

More specifically, you can go directly to the page for the 2012 Race at this link...
    http://www.valleysoaring.net/?page_id=797

Couple of points worthy of highlighting.

• We only have four regular race days scheduled in 2012. (see the schedule on the race page).
    • The first race day will be on March 24, and it is a "participation race day", not a "regular race day".
    • I will be the CD, but will be asking for two pilots to be on the task committee each race day. One of the pilots will be an experienced contest pilot, and the other person will be a person who had never been a CD, but is interested in being mentored to become a CD.
    • The WSC Turnpoint data file for 2012 has been revised, and is in the process of being placed on the SSA Worldwide Turnpoint Exchange.

I hope we have good soaring conditions.
    Peter Kelly

Re: VSA Race Series for 2012

Peter,

Thank you for all of your dedication to getting this event organized again this season. Without you it would not have happened.

Is this the 6th or 7th year?

As Prez of VSA, I speak for the community when I say we all benefit immeasurably from your generous contributions of time and expertise. Many of our pilots do not understand the 100's of hours needed to initiate an idea, refine it, structure it into an event, and then make it happen. You are AWESOME, and you are also appreciated.

I look forward to Race Day 1.

This is a VSA event, and we will have a BBQ weather permitting. Otherwise we will have restuarant de jour.

Please sign me up for dinner and a tow!
    Last edited by Ginny Farnsworth; 03-08-2012 at 12:39 PM.
    Ginny Farnsworth G3
    Past President
    Valley Soaring Association