Thread: Wow that was a good one!

Wow that was a good one!

Released on Saturday at 1300 ft over Williams and worked to the west to above the step clouds and went up to Yolla with PS. Turned back south and found wave to 18 K in Goat bowl and then went down to Vacaville. Back up to 18 K over vaca ponds and then nearly nearly turned Mt. Diablo (But when you are that high everything looks right there.) 560 Km in 6 hours - not terribly fast but super fun. The tow cost 18 dollars, so according to my calculations it was $3 / hour of flying
    .Name:  IMG_0127.jpg
Views: 211
Size:  81.3 KB

Re: Wow that was a good one!

Conditions were unusual that day. Clouds were lower than usual over Mendicants--i remember the base at Black Butte being around 9K--however there were lots of clouds so it did not feel very scary moving on north. I missed the wave near Goat in which Luke got up and headed home with 1500 feet over glide to WSC with McCready at 2.0. Hit ferocious sink and was almost down to pattern altitude at Indian Valley, where i found a tiny torn up scrap of lift i worked like mad for 10-15 minutes, gained maybe 300 feet, enough to move on east and then north of 3 sisters hit a very strong very broken thermal to 9K, which by that time had turned to weak wave. Coasted all the way to Vaca Pond slowly gaining altitude, where the wave was 4 or 5 knots up. Charlie was flying with students all over the valley.

Key