Pilot's Shared Spot, Inreach Tracking Map
List your SPOT Messenger Link on this Page!
Send your SPOT link with your Name, Glider Type & ID to
Sunday, December 4, 2016 12:25 PM
Pilot's SPOT Messenger Links:
Pilots are listed alphabetically by first name. Both SPOT Messengers and INREACH devices are used.
Some pilots have 2 "FindMeSpot" shared links with filters set for 24 hours and 7 days. The 24 hour link is great for those tracking someone the day they are flying, without a confusing overlap of flight paths from previous days.
- Bruce Roberts - 14B
- Dale Bush - DLB
- Dave Greenhill - 16, Discus2
- Don Davidson - Flying WSC Gliders
- Frank Peale - F1, Discus CS
- Ginny- G3, ASW24
- Gunard Mahl - FNX, ASH25 & Super Cub
- Guy Acheson- 59-SZD-59, DDS-LS8
- Jim Darke - 1B, ASW20
- JJ Sinclair - JJ, Genisis
- Key Dismukes - PS, ASW20
- Larry Roberts - YE, ASG29
- Luke Ashcraft - SD, ASW 27
- Mallory Lynch - MAL,ASW22BL
- Marianne Guerrin - P1, LS8
- Martin Grant - ASG29, ASW17
- Matt Epperson - Flying WSC Gliders
- Mayes Family - inReach SE
- Michael Mitton - MM, ASW27B
- Mike Branch - M3
- Pete Alexander -98, ASG29
- Peter Kelly - PK
- Ramy - TG, ASW27
- Ray Gimmey - 7V, ASG29
- Russell Pillard - ASW24
- Sergio - C2, Ventus 2C
- Tom Bjork
- WSC 1, 2, 3 and 4 - Placed in different gliders, depending on the day.
- HOLLISTER SPOT USERS LINK
- SSA SPOT USERS LINK
How to set up your SPOT Messenger link:
Here is what you need to do if you want to Share Your Adventure.
Please note, you should also set up your 'Profiles'. That is not covered here.
- Log on to SPOT at http://findmespot.com/en/
Near the top on right side see: "My Account",
Sign in to your account using your user name and password.
See tabs along the top of your account page. Click on "Share"
See section that says: "SPOT Shared Pages",
Click on "Create Shared Page" form.
- Fill in the Forms 'Create a Page Name' such as PK 24 hours. (note: Default setup is 7 days)
- Leave the default boxes checked. These should be checked:
- Devices to share (select all)
- Location messages (check them all)
- Share GPS Locations from the Last: -- NOTE: the default is Last 7 days. Many pilots create 2 shared pages. Last 7 days, and Last 24 hours.
- Share Message Detail - Default is 'NO'. If YES is selected, it will show the details of messages set up in your Profiles.
- Make Shared Page Public - Checked (This will have SPOT set up a public page, not a private one. No one will see your password or personal info.)
- It is recommended that you check 'Notify family and friends about this shared page, enter your email address, that way spot will send you an email with your SPOT link.
- Click SEND or CREATE
- if you chose to have an email sent, the 'CREATE' button is removed and the 'SEND' button is used in it's place to create your page and send the email.
SPOT will set up your page for you. Copy the URL link to that new page and paste it into an email to yourself.. You can drag it onto the your Computer Desktop to create a link, or "add to favorites" to put in your browser.
- After you have the Share Page all set up, turn on your spot and verify it works properly, THEN copy and paste that URL address in an email to Williams Soaring, as we will add your name to this list.
Send your SPOT link with your NAME, Glider Type, and Glider ID to:
NEW TO WILLIAMS SOARING?
Welcome to our gliderport, please see the Pilot Info section, also be sure to read the Bulletins Page for latest conditions.
The documents in our Pilot Info Section are REQUIRED reading
for all pilots flying in and out of Williams Soaring